Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Editing and Updating.....

 A few days ago, I received the sample copies of The Fellowship of the Fool Tarot book. They looked pretty great, and I was psyched. My friend Debbie had done a great job of laying the book out and making it look professional and fabulous. Sadly, one of those things that happens to artists and writers happened to me.

I felt as though it needed MORE. More information on the Minor Arcana, in particular. I had been taking all my old notes from Tarot classes I'd taught and compiled them to make the book. And what I really needed to have in the book was more information concerning THIS deck and why I might have done things the way I did. I had not spared any details in the Major Arcana chapter, so what had been my issue with the Minor Arcana chapter?

Truth is, I was tired. I wanted it to be DONE. And then once I was holding that book in my hands, I realized that I wasn't doing myself or anyone else any favors. It was time to stop holding back and treat the Minor Arcana with respect! There are certainly books out there which don't give the Minor Arcana their proper due, and dang it, my book was not going to be one of them.

I found myself re-energized, and I managed to do nearly everything I needed to do just yesterday. Hopefully, the result will yield a better, more illuminating, easier to read book and a better guide to my cards.

So my friends, it will be just a little bit longer before the book appears, but not too much!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I always feel ripped off when I purchase a companion book and the minors are sort of left to "some assembly required" and kicked to the curb.

    Is there an update on publication yet?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete